Rigging Clinic - Friday Night

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Rigging Clinic - Friday Night

Postby Josh Shirley » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:01 am

Sorry for the short notice but.
Rigging Clinic - Free
This Friday Night (June 4th, 2010) 5:30 PM
Provo Boat Harbor

The clinic will be roughly 45 mins long.

Bring your gear so I can help you with it.
Bring the gear you sail the most.

I get at least 10 calls a year from people asking me to teach them how to put together there garage sale purchases. So come out and learn.

The clinic is free but $5 to $10 tips won't be refused. Or new equipment for that matter.

Call or email with questions:
josh@windsurfutah.com
801 906-8396
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Re: Rigging Clinic - Friday Night

Postby Mike Egan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:52 pm

I sailed your 5.8 on Monday not sure if you are qualified for this. Here's a tip more outhaul Josh! :lol:
michael egan
Mike Egan
Windsurfer

Postby Josh Shirley » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Yeah I forgot how Bruce Peterson told me about how he designs Sailworks like pieces of plywood. "Designing sails? That's easy the sails just need to be in a triangle shape and as flat a rollerskating rink."

Update on rigging clinic. Mike and I will be rigging up, debating best practices, and then messing around in the marina.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Postby Mike Egan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:50 pm

To quote a famous windsurfer, "your sails are ugly". I doubt I will be able to make it.
michael egan
Mike Egan
Windsurfer

Postby Josh Shirley » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:50 pm

Forecast is looking good for the Provo Boat Harbor.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Postby Shawn Henderson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Thanks Josh!

I decided to check out Provo Boat harbor for the first time. Very nice, much improved from years ago. Rig Clinic? To be honest I thought tuning a rig was one of few windsurfing things I had pretty well figured out, but Josh had lots of good tips and tricks up his sleave. Next time I am in a rig race to get some wind I will be on a safe sturdy setup, a well tuned sail, and on the water quicker too. Sweet!
Shawn Henderson

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum