ex kiter need some windsurf gear.....

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

ex kiter need some windsurf gear.....

Postby Jared Jaynes » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:20 pm

kited for years at utah lake....stopped for a few years to pursue sport bike racing... picked up a 140ltr drops board and a rushwind 6.3 sail.... i am looking for a 460 mast 2 piece prefered... a 180 -210 cm boom..... a mast ext and base... and a fin... i live 30 secs from the provo harbor kited there for years by myself and would love to start windsurfing again.... if any one has some beat gear or some good deals on some used stuff call or text 801 830 1826...
i put a add in the for sale section

thanks
Jared Jaynes

Re: ex kiter need some windsurf gear.....

Postby jason morton » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:12 am

Why not kite?? I remember you from years back. Yes, you were the lone PVU kiter. That was pretty cool. You know you'll get alot more water time down there with a kite in hand!
jason morton

Postby Jared Jaynes » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:11 am

very true.... i would love to get back kiting....the windsurfer equipment kinda fell into my lap.... my buddy Eric Lassen from cali is sending me one of the carbon boards we made when he was out and we were making board together... when i get it maybe i will grab a kite and start jumping over wakeboard boats again.....

:-)
Jared Jaynes

Postby Kenny » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:53 am

Jared,

Remember me? I joined you for a few sessions at Provo Harbor. Kite technology has improved dramatically since the last time you have been on the water. Hope to see you out riding again whether it is on a kite or a sail.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby Josh Shirley » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:02 am

Jared:

If you want to windsurf, during the summer I frequent the boat harbor often. Also teach lessons there during the evenings.
So join me anytime.

Also if you can't find what your looking for in the used market. I can offer great pricing on Chinook gear.
- Boom
- Extension
Fins - any Maui Fin Company fin.

Josh
801 906-8396
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum