New kiter in Ogden area

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

New kiter in Ogden area

Postby Chet VanOrden » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:35 pm

My wife and I took some lessons in So. Padre Island, TX in May and Ive been looking for a good place to kite around here ever since.
I've only had one good session since we got back and that was on Lake Powell at Bullfrog Bay. I've tried a couple of other times
at Pineview and Bear Lake but didn't find the winds were very good when I was there. I have also snow kited at Powder Mtn, Monte Cristo and on Pineview, but not near as much fun as kiteboarding. I would like to learn when and where the winds
would be good and find others with same interests. E-mail is cvano@me.com
Chet VanOrden

Re: New kiter in Ogden area

Postby Leo Chan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 am

Chet, you can check the Where to Ride section for the forecast. Most folks either go to Utah Lake or Deer Creek. Since you mentioned you are relatively new to kiting, I suggest Lincoln Beach in Utah Lake (a bit of a drive for you).

Not sure why you said snowkiting is not as fun as kiting on water. I would take snowkiting over water kiting any day. You should come to Strawberry and Skyline this winter to hangout. :)))
Leo Chan

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum