So Cal Rider Seeks Riding Buddies...

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

So Cal Rider Seeks Riding Buddies...

Postby Justin Libby » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:47 am

Hey Guys,

New to the area. Just moved up from Redlands, Ca after finishing four years of school. Spent my first two years surfing as much as possible and than the last two following the winds more and more. Great ocean/wave riding on the coast! I'll be moving here permanently in August and want the lowdown on the best places to kite. I currently have a 12 and 14 with me and would love to get out. Thinking about tomorrow?? Utah beach sounds like the place to start. Are there any shops locally that would be able to provide info as and gear? Thanks for the response in advance,

Justin
Justin Libby

Re: So Cal Rider Seeks Riding Buddies...

Postby Leo Chan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Justin, Cloud9 is the local shop (in Point of the Mountain). But just ask any locals when you go to the riding location and they will be more than happy to answer your questions. Check the forecast (Where to ride) and you can tell where most locals will go.

Have fun and be safe!

Leo
Leo Chan

Postby Justin Libby » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks Leo,

Was out yesterday (friday) talked to "Lenny" (i think his name was) the campground host at LB. No wind but he said it was crazy the day prior on thursday. Wished I would have made it out. What a cool spot. Have you ever continued down the road beyond the campground? Are there good places to launch? He didn't seem to know... Again, thanks for the response,

Justin
Justin Libby

Postby Leo Chan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:09 am

when there is wind, you will see locals at the spot. just ask them. or check the wind log/where to ride for updates and water level, etc.
Leo Chan

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum