Waist harness vs. alternative

Members' forum for discussing kite issues.

Waist harness vs. alternative

Postby Jake-wright » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:23 pm

I guess this is where i should post...? It is a kite specific question i think. My liquid force luxury waist harness seems not to be so luxurious. I'm bruising in the ribs after riding, there is a spot on either side at the ends of the spreader bar that are rock solid and are doing some serious damage anytime i go belly down (especially on snow.) My question is, how can i keep my harness from riding so high? Can i keep it down? When i'm hanging from a kite it seems natural for it to slide upward, but something doesn't feel right with it. Should i change harnesses? Brands?, types? Thanks for any input
Jake-wright

Re: Waist harness vs. alternative

Postby bordy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 am

There are tricks using leg loops to hold down your harness over your slippery winter clothing, but you best bet is to try some other harnesses, every harness fits everyone different. I ride the North air styler that has a blow up air bag that fits your body, or the Ion apex select that has memory foam to mold to my shape. Try what you can on the beach, just ask someone. Even just trying it on and hang of a friends hand will help
bordy

Return to Kiters' Forum