RUSH 5/10

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

RUSH 5/10

Postby Jon Manwaring » Wed May 10, 2006 7:47 pm

Jeff, Kenny and I shared the gusts at Rush, me on My Rhino 06 16 M, Jeff on a SS 17 Fuel and Kenny (go big or go home) on his 20 M. Glide boards rule for the gusty days. Winds from 9-21 mph all afternoon. Kenny went out for a bonus session on the Waroo 16M. Seemed to work slightly better than my 16 Rhino in the really light stuff. Rhino 16 M pulls like a 20M, as does the Waroo, both are MUCH quicker turning than ANY 20 m, however; and the Waroo 16 M depowers well in the gusts. But, so does my Rhino 16. It didn't get windy enough to challenge the top end of either kite. The bow may have the advantage there. I'm all done at gusts over 25 mph, but again, so are most other 16 M kites. Time for a 12M when it hits the low 20's. Great afternoon of Kiting. That's the good news, BAD news is the MOSS is starting to make an appearence. Crashed, after a jump gone bad and came up covered in green. This plus the RUSH mud mades me look like a commando. Didn't get to fly the Instinct 11M not windy enough. I have demos for you to try. And should have kites to sell in a week or two. Order now while they are HOT
JON M :D
Jon Manwaring

Return to Wind Log