7/11, DCIB, 6M Wing, Big board, 1800cm hydrofoil

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

7/11, DCIB, 6M Wing, Big board, 1800cm hydrofoil

Postby tomhughes1 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:01 pm

Tuesday, Deer Creek Reservoir Island Beach. I arrived late for Deer Creek, probably about 3:15 PM. When I drove past the north end of Deer Creek Reservoir near Charleston, I saw quite a few kites (including a large foil kite) and a few wings. I didn’t notice any windsurfers, but I could only glance as I drove past. I would guess about 6 kites and 3 or 4 wings.
I have a large Naish inflatable wingfoil board, 6’ 7”, which helps in the boat chop when off foil. This is about as big as any wingfoil board that you can get. Even though the wind was not the best because it was later in the afternoon, I did get up on foil for a nice run which was really my first time on foil at Deer Creek (for more than 13 seconds). So I was happy. Thanks very much to Craig for posting his wind forecast.
tomhughes1

Return to Wind Log