Fri 6/17 Willard Bay 6.7/5.2 ~4.2 115L/78L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Fri 6/17 Willard Bay 6.7/5.2 ~4.2 115L/78L

Postby RickHeninger » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:13 pm

The fresh water ocean... Pulled up to the South beach at the Willard Bay Marina before Brigham City to the south. There were numerous windsurfers and even a little kid BOOGY BOARDING the waves coming in. They were about as big as the waves at Raging Waters...

The wind was south when we arrived at ~1:30PM... Then we rigged and the wind died after one ride in the straps!!!

We sat around shooting the breeze, and breeze it was... Then at around 6 it switched North in a big way and we were able to get out on 6.0 range sails, and it built, so we rigged 5.2 staying on the floatier boards... Then it started to NUKE...We rode FLATTENED 5.2 for the next 3 hours on Gorge Boards... The swell out there was Gorge like. It was a great session... However, we didn't get off the water until 9:15PM!!! Well worth it... We probably would've been on 4.5's if that wind shadow didn't make it a little of a challenge to get out at times. But if you wait for it, there are puffs that can easily get you out to the windline. It's not too tough... I loved the launch...
Last edited by RickHeninger on Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Bic Techno 124lt, Tiga 86 lt, Ezzy 6.3 and 5.2 and fixens

Postby Josh Shirley » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:30 pm

Rick and I carpooled to the bay. The water and launch was awesome. Had to wait arround for a while to get the north wind, but it was well worth it.
In the wind shadow launch we messured the wind at 25 plus, but the other side of the bay was blowing 10 to 15 above that. Incredible swell. My body took a beating. This is the first time in weeks that I have been able to get out in high winds. I think that Willard Bay is a great place to sail and next time the forcast calls for 20-30 south winds in Ogden more UWA members should get up there. The earlier the better. The south seems to shut down about 1:30pm.

Josh Shirley
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log