Grantsville Res., 6/19, 5.7/6.9, 85L/104L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Grantsville Res., 6/19, 5.7/6.9, 85L/104L

Postby kenonstott » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:06 pm

We planned on spending the night in the Motor Home near Sulphur after a very sweet Saturday session on the 6.9. But we went in to Evanston for some Mexican food and suddenly made the decision to head for Grantsville. These things happen. Anyway, I was tired of the predicted 20-30 days that averaged 15. They were predicting +20 for Grantsville and I was more confident of their predictions there. I was a little afraid I had made a bummer choice when we pulled in after 10:00 to a huge Fathers Day crowd. And again when I woke up to see 8 boats trolling up and down in my sailing lane. But no one was able to fish where we were parked due to the water being up through the fence. By 10:00 the strong south wind had blown the boats off the water and it was time for some serious ripping (Mesowest was showing lots of 20-25mph average readings with some gusts above 30 during morning and afternoon). Sailed wildly powered until 11:30 on the 85L Sonic and 5.7, then putzed around on the 6.9 during the noon Rush thermal drop-off, then from 1:30 to 3:30 wildly powered again on the little race board and 5.7 (should have rigged the 5.3 while I was waiting), then back to the 6.9 for a final hour of dessert. Penny got some good pictures and several people stopped by to say wow. An all round fun Fathers day. That was the 4th day in a row of sailing and I am beat. :D
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log