RUSH 17,18,19

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

RUSH 17,18,19

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:56 am

Had planned a 10 day Gorge trip (17-26), but RUSH forcast looked GREAT. Arrived Fri AM to gusts of 45+, Doug, Vern and Kenny had tried to kite but winds too strong. Drove to Willard Bay, Doug got out on his 7 M but the launch was a little much for me. Went to the Light side and tried to sail a 4.2, winds backed off and tried a 4.7 still not enough. Note: Willard looks great for windsurfing but not too kite friendly. Went back to Rush and was greeted by winds 25-35, Mitch and others out on 5 M, and sails of 3.2-3.9 unloaded the windsurfers and had an hour and a half of GREAT 4.2 rippin on flat water. Wind backed of a touch and got the 8M out and went till dark. WOW, SAT was and epic 12 M ALL DAY SESSION, Am from the S and PM from the North. Beach packed with Kites and Sails. Just like the OLDEN DAYS at Rush. Sun was a 8m Day, a little gusty but the newer kites make it much easier to deal with. Not as many fun seekers as Sat but still a good crowd. Fun to see the Vintage Windsurfers and the newer converts as well. Reminded me of my roots starting at Rush in the mid 80's. Only DCJIM was absent, but again Jim never was a big RUSH Fan, must like clean water closer to home better. He and I started many Gorge trips with a detour to Rush on the way or geting a day on the way back. We'll catch an earily one at Rush this AM and then head West., to finish off the trip.
REMEMBER DON'T LEAVE WIND TO FIND WIND.
Three days in a row and this old body needs a rest.
Later
JON M

Return to Wind Log