Rush Sunday 6/19 95 l. JP free, flat 5.7

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Rush Sunday 6/19 95 l. JP free, flat 5.7

Postby DimitriMilovich » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:01 am

Rush from 11:30 - 3:00 was wild and woolly. My 5.7 wasn't quite flat enough most of the time but the water was, so the sailing was great fun. My dad's day buddy, Matisse, got her first Rush big South day and managed a couple of tacks on her 2.5, including one water start. Much relief she didn't have to walk through the dead carp she was expecting.

Got to sail Gary's Micah 6.2 race sail. Wow! Nothing like a great race sail for cranking up the speed and control. Later he and I pulled out about 50 feet of electric wire and a sunken fence post from the other side that I had stumbled into near the fence.

Others were out on 6.5 in the late morning, down to 5.0 later, although by 3:30 it was doing the classic 4.5-6.5 that Rush does. Nobody seemed to report from Saturday at Rush, but people said it was a great day, with steady North in the PM. Jamie told me he was on his 3.0 Friday at Rush!

Teabaggers were very impressive, giving everyone a big show in the gusty conditions, with huge spraying laydown jibes and mega airs at times. What a hot crew we have here. About 15+ people on the beach or water when we left at 3:45 for cones and sundaes at the Dairy Delight.
Dimitri
DimitriMilovich

Return to Wind Log