6/20 Rush 30M V4 Kite

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6/20 Rush 30M V4 Kite

Postby Kenny » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:56 pm

Arrived to a weird southwest wind ranging from 10 - 15 mph. Pumped up the 30 and rode to the pig farm and back many times on glassy water. Never rode with so much west aspect to the wind. Rode parellel to the shore just like you do on a southeast, but this time it was from the west. Of course, right when I was packing up the wind switched to SE at 15-20. I am thankful for what I could get after not being able to go out the past few days. Hoping it will repeat again tomorrow morning. I figure that I can no longer trust the readings at Penny's. Last Friday morning, it was reading 7 gusting to 10 out of the East and I arrived to 20 gusting to 40 out of the South. I went home and checked the log figuring it must of picked up while I was on my way there, but to my surprise the readings were less than 15 mph, even when I left and it was blowing 30 gusting to 50.
Kenny
Site Admin

Penny's not accurate?

Postby DimitriMilovich » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:59 pm

I'll second that Kenny. Sunday 9:00 AM Penny's was showing single digits out of the east. Yet people I talked to at Rush later said they'd been sailing since 9:00, powered up so it must be broken. Stockton wasn't recording at the time.
Dimitri
DimitriMilovich

Return to Wind Log