6/25 Sat DC Blew!

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6/25 Sat DC Blew!

Postby JimSouthwick » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:03 am

:twisted: Three impulses rolled through complete with lightning, rain and (in the case of the first two) wind gusts to 42 MPH. Don't even think about sailing DC if there's a Hobie regatta scheduled for that weekend!

http://homepage.mac.com/jsouthwick/PhotoAlbum23.html
Last edited by JimSouthwick on Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
JimSouthwick

6/25 Sat DC Blew!

Postby layne.peterson » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:28 pm

I think we arrived just before microburst #2 right when the Dubocks were leaving. I rigged a 7.0 and hunkered down through the 40 mph bursts from the East. As the lightning and rain ceased and it started backing off, I made my way past the tree turbulence from the shore and got about 15 minutes of strong & squirrely wind. A few other folks made their way out too but it died back to just a breeze as it clocked more toward the South so I came in and de-rigged and left before the next burst hit.
layne.peterson

Return to Wind Log