6/28 Sulfur / Woodruff Narrows 6.7 109 ltrs

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6/28 Sulfur / Woodruff Narrows 6.7 109 ltrs

Postby John Freed » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:48 am

Arrived at Sulfur about 1:00. lots of clouds, no wind... About 2:30 I'm thinking I'm in for a skunk when a major rain storm comes in just about the time Eric drives up. We watched the rain (and finally some wind) until both died off after about 15 minutes. Eric suggested we check out Woodruff... why not, 20 minutes later we're looking at a lake full of white caps, and solid 18-20 mph wind. Rigged 6.5/6.7... sailed "one" wonderful reach and as we headed back to shore, started to see major lightening coming toward us. Believe it or not, we were smart enough to get off the water, watched another major rain and wind storm for about 30 minutes, then nothing... Keep Woodruff on the map... seemed to work well on a direct south when Sulfur was dead. Felt right at home, cow pies, broken beer bottles, firecrackers, etc. (Not that bad however...). Thanks to Eric, I'll be back!
John Freed

Return to Wind Log