7/3 DC Bridge, Formula 155, 8.5/7.2

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

7/3 DC Bridge, Formula 155, 8.5/7.2

Postby JimSouthwick » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:36 am

:( Discussed the prospects for sailable wind at DC with John Dubock and concluded that since the wind was out of the northwest in SLC, it wasn't likely DC would do much. Then at about noon a light breeze started to develop out of the southwest. Went down to the Bridge with low expectations. What a contrast from yesterday; almost nobody there! Very little wind at the launch site, but there were definite whitecaps along the far shore. Nevertheless, there was so little wind where I was standing that I figured I better go BIG. Rigged my 8.5 on the ex-Carl Formula 155, schlogged out to the windline, and got blasted off the lake. The Bridge launch site turns out to be quite sheltered! The Bradshaws arrived about the time I struggled back to the launch. Went back out on a 7.2 and was still borderline overpowered. Lots of boat chop, but (especially by DC standards) the wind was actually quite steady. Go figure?!!

http://homepage.mac.com/jsouthwick/PhotoAlbum26.html
JimSouthwick

Return to Wind Log