7/3 Bear Lake

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

7/3 Bear Lake

Postby Chris Hedquist » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:00 pm

Spent the weekend up in Bear Lake with some friends. Planned on just sailing my 16ft Hobie Cat all weekend, but brought the kites anyway. Haven't been to Bear Lake in years. Got in a nice session Saturday on my 17m and another two hour session on Sunday. Wind picked up around noon and was pretty solid until evening. Never really heard about kiting up there but it turned out great. Long open sandy beaches for 200+ yards, some flat water inside the sandbars big chop outside. Played on the wake skate as well. Anybody know anything about Bear Lake? Is it usually rideable?

Chris Hedquist
Chris Hedquist

WIND

Postby miker » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:31 am

what direction was wind from? I've never had good luck with wind on my annual family trips. Glad to hear someone got some.
miker
Site Admin

Postby Chris Hedquist » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:28 pm

Wind was ENE. I kited up on the east shore in Idaho closer by the damn to the North.
Chris Hedquist

Return to Wind Log