July 9 - Rush

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

July 9 - Rush

Postby Kenny » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:09 pm

Arrived around 9 AM. Jon and I watched the dragonflies and slapped mosquitos until about 9:45 when the picked up to a nice 10 - 16 mph wind. Jon and I had a great sesson for about 2 hours on glassy water (thanks to the weeds and receding water). Doug, Marty, Vern and Mark showed up around 11:30. The baseline wind of 10 mph remained, but the gusts spiked up to 20 and the wind switched from the S to SE making for good pig farm runs. I could still ride my 20M, but it wasn't as much fun. I switched to Jon's 17.5 and was dialed in (as much as you can be dialed in when the wind is blowing 10 to 20) for the next hour and a half. It was a great sesson, the only sad note is that I broke my red Jimmy Lewis board. It was not just a break, it was a complete blowout. When I came into the beach the entire bottom of the board was gone.

Get to Rush while you can - the weeds aren't bad and the water is pure glass until the wind tops 15 mph.
Kenny
Site Admin

wind came up again later- 18m 135cm

Postby jason morton » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:18 pm

arrived at about 2:30 and it wasn't happening at all. drank beer and hung out then it picked up around 5 or so. we rode till about 8.
jason morton

Return to Wind Log