Sunday 7/18 Pelican Bay/ Thanks to Craig and Steve!!

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Sunday 7/18 Pelican Bay/ Thanks to Craig and Steve!!

Postby Trip Houk » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:54 am

Thanks to Craig for saving us from our planned canion hike. We had some dinner plans and so couldn't contemplate driving to Sulfur...but wait , the trees in Sandy are moving...could it be? Why yes!! Craig says it might happen at Utah Lake. Judi, forget the laundry, I'll mow the grass next week...let's go sailing NOW!
We arrived at about 10:30 to find Jim out there all by himself. We rigged big and joined him for an hour or so before it picked up and Jerry Giles arrived. "I'm going to rig my 8.8M good buddy" (and lucky he did so that Dimo at least got to plane at day's end) Thanks to Steve for helping to facilitate the wonderful grass rigging areas and launch at Pelican Bay.
The gear Queens showed at about 1:00 and we all (re)rigged mid 6's for 3 hours of drag racing and wave carving. I had a blast tryiny to catch Sarah while Linda practiced her tacks. It was a beautiful day a rare warm north wind and water. Jim, Mark, Jerry, Sarah, Linda and finally Dimo were grinning widely as we de-rigged on the lawn.
I heard from some Saratoga locals that Pelican Bay is anticipating charging an $8 access fee for non residents. Maybe we could use some of the burgeoning UWA treasury to negotiate a blanket access for members. Any volunteers? With Rocky Point access closed, the Pelican Bay site access perfect timing.
Gratefully, Trip and Judi 8) :D
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Return to Wind Log