Lake Powell 7/21/ 7/26 calm to 1.0

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Lake Powell 7/21/ 7/26 calm to 1.0

Postby BrettLinde » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:35 pm

Stayed on a houseboat for the last week, 110 degrees most of the week, 3 fronts that moved through, all took 1 hour or 2 then calm.. Blew the anchors off the houseboat on the first storm, luckily 1 of the 4 anchors held, prevented some ugly circumstances at 11 oclock at night. I was alone(4 other adults waited out the storm at bullfrog) with my twins and they were in a hysterical panic. A houseboat down wind of us on the onshore wind side of Halls bay ended up sideways and grounded on some slick rock with 3/4 of the boat out of the water. They camped on the slick rock the entire week, next to their grounded houseboat,, the tow boat never showed up or they have decided to wait out the drought?. :? no windsurfing weather for more than 40 minutes at a time. kites would be tough to launch, not to mention all the traffic from ignorant boaters would kill your lines. The last night we were there, in a cove this time, a front blew threw that capped the bay at 5 foot rollers and liquid smoke, about 8 feet high, roiling across the bay for an hour. scary sight. Luckily did not take windsurf gear like other years and I was not disappointed.
Brett
BrettLinde

Return to Wind Log