Pelican Bay-Utah Lake Hypersonic 105, Real wind 80 liter/5.7

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Pelican Bay-Utah Lake Hypersonic 105, Real wind 80 liter/5.7

Postby tomsmart » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:24 pm

Arrived at 9:30 Ken Onstott and Jamie Mac had been sailing their 5.3's since 8:30. Three hours of excellent sailing. Tom Whittke, Sarah Ranes (look for her photo in tomorrow's Deseret News), also enjoyed the stronger wind. The day went from holy to holey. Eric C, Karl Peterson and a handful of others came later to sail the bigger gear (Karl was on a 9.0 on the 125 hyper). A great morning-- includiing a shower to leave the lake behind. What a great spot---Cheers, tom
tomsmart

Postby Carl Christensen » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:55 am

That's right Tom, and I'll take what I can get. BTW, the 9.0 got kinda wound up later on when the wind came back up. Love that launch: rig on the grass, sandy beach just yards away, that's how it's 'posed ta bee. We need to see if we can achieve that kind of luxury at the Provo Harbor. It would help if we could get a pile of smooth gravel dumped at the end of the breakwater, one big enough to rig on and then ramp down into the water to let us launch. To tell the truth, swells get real good at C Street in P-Town but rigging on the dirt road and launching off the rocks kinda takes some of the thrill out of it.
Carl C.
Carl Christensen

wussy carl

Postby jason morton » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:50 pm

i guess your years sailing da gorge have vanished from your memory and you now prefer a club med experience. as the ultronz use to say " if you ain't got money you launch off the rocks"
jason morton

Return to Wind Log