9/3-9/5/05, Woodruff, SC,SC, 6.9, Ride277, C135

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

9/3-9/5/05, Woodruff, SC,SC, 6.9, Ride277, C135

Postby kenonstott » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:45 am

I have had some pretty bad luck sailing Labor day but this year was very nice.

Saturday, we pulled into Evanston headed for Sulfur at 11:00 having driven through a rainstorm in Park City. There were lots of threatening clouds to the south so we changed plans and headed to Woodruff. Woodruff reminds me of Rush with awful mud on shore, shallow enough on shore you have to wade quite a ways to clear the fin, lots of birds to watch, hardly any people, and no boats. It stayed sunny all afternoon so we figured we made the right choice. The peak winds lines were probably 5.7 but they were 10 min. apart so I stuck to the 6.9. Lots of schlogging with some fun rips until 3:00 when it filled in for 40 min. Then it was gone and it was just a beautiful evening.

George already covered SC Sunday. It was probably the best of the 3 days filling in nicely by 11:00 and blowing until we didn’t have any arms left. An ugly cloud came over the lake at 1:00 and we figured we were done for the day, but it took off to the NE and it was mostly clear the rest of the afternoon.

I took Penny home Sunday night so I was a little late getting back to SC Monday. There were nice wind lines already at noon and the 1st hour was the most filled in of the afternoon. John and Team Starboard showed up and the young guns ruled the lake most of the afternoon. Just another classic Sulfur afternoon.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log