Mon. Sept. 6 DC Island Beach *Board FF157 49cm 7.0

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Mon. Sept. 6 DC Island Beach *Board FF157 49cm 7.0

Postby Steven Nyhus » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:07 am

Not a bad day except for the crowds and the vodo chop. Had a hard time finding a place to park when I got there and was ready to head over to Charelston when a parking place opened up. The wind was up and down a little, but it filled in pretty good a few times. Probably 3 or 4 other sailors including Brett, Carl, Steve. It looked like everyone was on from a 7.0 to 9.0. I had to call it a day early because of a little injury. I had to launch from a different spot than normal and when I was walking into the water I steped into a hole and hit my shin pretty hard on a rock. I didn't think much of it until I looked down after about an hour of sailing and it looked like I had a second foot growing out of my shin. I decided to head home early and ice it down for the afternoon. I hated to leave wind, but I didn't want to run the risk of any complications. The wind was looking good when I pulled out, so I hope the guys had a good afternoon. It will sure be nice this fall when all the big crowds are gone!
Steven Nyhus

Salad days at Charleston Bridge

Postby JimSouthwick » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:25 am

Steve,

Sorry about the shin; hope it's doing better this morning.

One look at the parking lot at the Island convinced me that the Bridge might be a better bet, certainly easier to find a parking spot. I was on a 6.0, which was a handfull at times. Only other sailers down there were Paul and Angie. As the water gets shallower, the weeds ("salad", Paul's term) are getting thicker. A weed fin really heips!

http://homepage.mac.com/jsouthwick/PhotoAlbum45.html
JimSouthwick

Return to Wind Log