Utah lake 4.7 -89ltrs

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Utah lake 4.7 -89ltrs

Postby witt » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:02 am

They were calling for 20-30 in Evanston,so I headed over Guardsmans Pass. I stopped at the top and listened to my noah radio and the 10:00 a.m. update said it had switched to the north in slc and Ogden and I could see thunder clouds allready building over the Uintas, so I turned around and got to Pelican Bay right at noon. It was blowing a steady 22-25 so I rigged 5.9 and went out for 2 reaches way over powered. So not having a 5.3 at the time(it's being repaired) I rigged 4.7 and it was perfect .On the verge of too much but very nice. and ,yes even rideable swells.A dozen or so sailers and Jerry Stott on a 12 M kite. I thought a fisherman was in trouble or something when 2 sheriffs cars and 2 medics showed up.I guess someone had called them in a panic saying someone was being dragged across the lake on a parachute.Doh! See you later . Tom Wittke
witt

Return to Wind Log