9/10 Provo Boat Harbor 4.0 - 4.5

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

9/10 Provo Boat Harbor 4.0 - 4.5

Postby Ralph Morrison » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:48 am

It took me 25 years of windsurfing in Utah to make it here. I'd heard about it long ago but never got around to actually going. Ironically it's because of kiteboarding that I made it. It was too windy for me at SSB to kite so we came here to windsurf. The jetty gets you right out into the action. Launch right into great starboard ramps. Mellow jumps to scary air. Fun slashing jibes on big faces. Cool wind but warm water. Three other sailors out. The next big northerly I'll be here again.
Ralph Morrison

Postby Josh Shirley » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:33 pm

Also sailed from Provo Harbor. Started with a 4.7 until I put a long rip through the sail. Since that was the smallest I had I rigged my 5.2 as tightly as I could. Awesome place to sail. The swell were breaking over the end of the jetti. All the place needs now is a piece of rigging carpet and a sandbag staircase.
Josh S
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log