Oh I remember...sailing!

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Oh I remember...sailing!

Postby Trip Houk » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:46 pm

Not that anyone would notice...but Judi and I have been in Maui for 10 days. 10 straight days of 4.2-4.7 for 5-7 hours. Every joint, every muscle aches from constant abuse and my feet are so swollen, I can't get my shoes on. If anyone is interested in knowing THE ultimate location, I think we found it in Sprecklesville. :D :D
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Re: Oh I remember...sailing!

Postby Craig Goudie » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:21 pm

Pleased to "hear" it, Trip. Soon, your feet will look much
like those of a Hobbit.

-Craig

Trip Houk wrote:Not that anyone would notice...but Judi and I have been in Maui for 10 days. 10 straight days of 4.2-4.7 for 5-7 hours. Every joint, every muscle aches from constant abuse and my feet are so swollen, I can't get my shoes on. If anyone is interested in knowing THE ultimate location, I think we found it in Sprecklesville. :D :D
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Good to hear!

Postby Sarah Ranes » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:02 am

Trip and Judi, Way to score good wind in Maui ! At least those kind of hurts, make you smile when you think about where they came from. Glad to hear the trip went so well. SR
Sarah Ranes

Postby Trip Houk » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:37 am

Sarah,
Sorry you couldn't join us. I learned so much that I'd like to filter through your helpful store of tips: boom height, waist harness vs seat, jumping angels etc. For future reference, the maui accomidations site was great for finding just the right site. It was a bit more than we're used to paying but what a great location! And we saved on gas which went to $4/gal yesterday! :D
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Postby Craig Goudie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:31 pm

I'll bet those "angels" get killer air with their additional wings. ;*)

-Craig

Trip Houk wrote: jumping angels ! :D
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby Trip Houk » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:34 pm

Craig, initially, I thought of the jumping angles: as in how best to approach and exit the jump on a wave but then my thought proccess degenerated into those angels that help prevent breaking your neck as you auger in for the landing. In my case, lacking sufficient knowledge to correctly execute my jumps, I think the "angels" played a larger role in my survival! :lol:
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Return to Wind Log