Tues. 9-13 ULSSB, 20m, 150cm

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Tues. 9-13 ULSSB, 20m, 150cm

Postby DeanDavis » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:21 pm

Arrived at about 6:30 to a completely empty beach (much larger than it has been, we can actually now park on the flat beach) and 11 to 12 mph. Rigged the 20m Rhino and by the time I hit the water the winds had creept up a bit. Rode fully powered (had to depower the kite) until sunset at around 7:30. At that time the winds notched up a bit to about 14-15 mph. At that wind speed the Rhino starts to get a bit ornery. By 8:00 the wind had notched a bit higher to about 15-16 mph. At that wind speed the Rhino starts to get down right mean. By 8:15 the kite carried me in and I had to land it. Very nice evening, beautiful sunset, nice waves, peaceful.

Some of you have probably never riden on a completely desolate beach without a sole in site. It is an interesting experience. I find that I reflect a bit while riding and do things that I might not do with others around. Tonight I found it quite entertaining to ride an entire reach while watching the wake behind my board. It is pretty impressive and interesting to watch the cavitation and hydrodynamics.
DeanDavis

jealous

Postby jason morton » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:24 am

sounds pleasant. i was going to come down but got off work too late. i wonder how many solo sessions dean, arpi, and willy get living so close. i'm sure it's a lot.
jason morton

Return to Wind Log