SATURDAY KITE FEVER !!!

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

SATURDAY KITE FEVER !!!

Postby jason morton » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:52 am

A fantastic night of smooth north wind. miker made the sacrifice. thanks. Rode powered to overpowered from 5:30 till 7:45 on the 18m RRD Type 6 with a 135cm board. I weigh 240 lbs. Could definately have used my 15m. Didn't want to come in and re-rig. It was a beautiful night. Very nice sunset. Just as the sun was setting a full moon was rising to the east. Great light. Wish we a photographer on hand. Salvador, Ralph, Ryan, Christian, Dean, and Willy were in attendance. Willy rode an 8m then came in and re-rigged something smaller. Dean came down fron a 20m to a 12m, I think. My awful cold wasn't a deterant.
jason morton

Sept 19, ULSSB 8.0 to 6.5, 121Lt to 99 Lt

Postby Willy Sturgis » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:26 am

Watched all day waiting for the North, ( had work to do anyway ). Checked the beach at 4:30, went back to work, Dean called and said what the H--- you doing it's going to build, turned around and was on the water by 6:00pm with the 8.0, sailed fully powered and overpowered, decided to rig down. 6.5 was sluggish at first but filled in nicely, rode well past sunset into the full moon night again, as long as I could see Dean's kite against the full moon I knew I would not run into him. While de-rigging in the dark, some cowboys showed up and started firing some type of weapon at a well headlight lit sand dune, just west of me, If I left a trail of gear I was in a hurry to get out of there.....
Willy Sturgis

Return to Wind Log