FULL MOON KITING !!!

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

FULL MOON KITING !!!

Postby jason morton » Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:13 pm

Kited until 8:40pm under starry skies and a full moon with the Oaxacan kite aficionado Salvador. What a surreal experience. Left the avenues at 5:30 and picked up Salvador on the way. We didn't hit the water until 7:00pm. You can see much better on the water than on land. Any light is reflected off the surface giving visible texture to the water. It was beautiful. We came off the water glowing. We'd still be there if the wind held out. Celebrated the evening with a 16 oz. natty light and a stick-o- jerky for the ride home.
jason morton

Right on!

Postby DeanDavis » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:22 am

I'm glad someone got it last night. I wanted to but with the kite feast we have been having down here I simply ran out of credits (I assume the wind addicted crowd knows what I mean). In the last 8 days that started on big Sat we had rideable winds on Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, off Thurs, and Friday then back on again Sat, and Sun. All the wonderful north with most of those days being good smaller kite days.

8:40 that was moonlight! I have been pushing that lack of light a bit lately as well but I have gotten off the water at 8:15 at the latest and I have been thinking that was pretty dark. So 8:40 was definitely night. I wish I had been there. I've had late sessions but never by a full moon. It sounds like an awesome experience.

P.S. It's been a fun group to ride with lately I'm glad your making it down these days.
DeanDavis

Return to Wind Log