ULSSB, 9/28/05

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

ULSSB, 9/28/05

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:45 pm

Arrived at 4:30 and John already had a new North 16M pumped up on the beach. He decided to go out after a couple gusts reached 13 mph. I was surprised to see him riding even though his wind meter was only reading 8. Wind must of been stronger above the beach. I pumped up a 20 and I was well powered. Dean and Jason arrived later. The wind never picked up like we thought (and hoped) that it would, but it was very consistent. Dean and I took turns riding the flat water area. It is getting shallow in there and I caught my two inch fins on the sand a couple times. Overall, it was a lot of fun and we packed it in just after the sun went down.
Kenny
Site Admin

kite/rider efficiency

Postby jason morton » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:48 am

I was amazed to see how Dean and Kenny can kite in such light wind. Both were on 20m kites. Kenny was actually doing great on Jon's new North 16m. for awhile. Dean rode a 180cm board and Kenny was riding a Slingshot glide. Flat and wide at 149cm's. Jon M. lent me his Slingshot glide and I was able to ride my 18m. in 10mph wind, though not as well as as Dean and Kenny. I also weigh 245lbs.; 250lbs. wet. These guys were getting lofty jumps. With a 25m kite and a glide board a 250 lb. person can kite in 10mph(if the wind is consistent). That's amazing. Carl C. rode at the provo marina and couldn't get in the straps with a 9m sail. I'm sure a 12.5/Formula rig would have had him planing. He still enjoyed himself sight seeing.
jason morton

Return to Wind Log