Sat 10/1 Woodruff

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Sat 10/1 Woodruff

Postby Mark Johnson » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:07 am

Salvador and I made the drive up to Woodruff. We rigged 9m and after Sal launched, it looked like things were going good then his chicken loop broke. We spent some time waiting for his kite to blow across towards the dam from the south west end. The wind seemed good but from were we launched the kites would be either over powered up high or under powered down low. I rode a little but i was spending to much time trying to controll the kite. We decided to find better on-shore wind on the north east side. You have to go back towards town and turn off by the closed doown Sinclair station then turn off on a dirt road a couple mile from their to get to the other side. We rigged 11m and 12m. the wind seemed more consistant over here and Sal rode for a bit but said it was still to gusty. I tried a self launch and was hit by a gust and got dragged a few yards then broke my fifth line release. by then we decided to go buy some Wyoming beer and set our sites for UL on Sunday. The beach we found on the North East side looked promissing and might be a good place to try again.
Mark Johnson

Return to Wind Log