4/21 provo marina 18 rapture 130 custom

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

4/21 provo marina 18 rapture 130 custom

Postby jaynesjared » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:57 pm

got to the marina @ 6:00 to a building 10 knot wind
plent of room to set up on the man made beach
flat water and plenty of onlookers,
rock wall is not steep and i stoped walked over it and sail out into the lake came back came back inside the marina...
bootys a must at the launch, lots of reeds whe you get to the water

my new fav spot for flat water best part a 2 min drive from home

late
jaynesjared

Postby mike loeser » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:26 pm

I drove out to the Provo marina today to check the water level. The sand beach south of the breakers is totally gone and they extended the south breaker to wrap around the marina. Where exactly did you setup and launch? There is a somewhat grassy area with mowed reeds inside the bay, but that looks to be a sketchy exit to get out to the lake with other traffic around.
Mike
mike loeser

Postby jaynesjared » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:26 pm

there a wood fence and a man made beach i rode inside the marina.... my goal was never to get out side it,,,, i would never ride there on strong day but on the north or southwest thermals it is perfect flat water riding...

actual i did go into the lake the new dike is big nice rock that i just walked up with my kite on jumped in on the other side.... not as safe as ssb but have you seen launches at 3rd ave and wadell creek in cali we have it made in utah... this launch is not for every one that for sure.
jaynesjared

Return to Wind Log