Sunday, 11.6.05, Starboard Carve 99

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Sunday, 11.6.05, Starboard Carve 99

Postby Carl Christensen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:57 pm

We were thinking DC might be turbulent because of the peaks to the south so we went to J-Bay which benefits from a much more open fetch. It was probably a good choice. I sailed 12:30 to 2 happily wound up and ocassionally wound up tight. Team D got their fair share too. 6 sailors out at times. It tapered a notch after 2 but there were plenty of rides being had by those remaining.
Snow was pushed up against the north side of the public restrooms and in the lake the water was chilly but not shocking. Still it's probably time to seriously consider digging out some neoprene for my feet since the night time temps are dropping into the 20's and 30's on a semi regular basis, sucking the remaining summer warmth from the lakes daily. Plus J-Bay, being the highest Utah lake I regularly sail, is the coldest. . I can't give myself a penguin though since the air temps were nearing 60 and the sun was out most of the time I was rigging or on the water. Nice day overall, coulda rigged smaller and gone just as fast most of the time
Carl C.
Carl Christensen

Return to Wind Log