Skyline 9.5M Ozone Frenzy

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Skyline 9.5M Ozone Frenzy

Postby Kenny » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:32 pm

Arrived to 25+ kites in the air. I could not see all of them as a blizzard was forming. I decided to skip the crowds and drove up to the ridge. Rode for about 1/2 hour a little underpowered on my 9.5. Decided to rig my 12 and of course the wind accelerated. Put the 9.5 back up and decided to do a downwinder to Bosco Hill. I rode through the launch area a little underpowered and kite looped up Bosco. The wind on top of Bosco was 25mph and visibility was poor, I could barely see my kite. I found a spot lower on the hill where the wind was a bit lighter and the visibility was excellent. Rode for over 2 hours in 12 - 18" of light powder with not another soul in sight. Today it paid to be a local! The out of state kiters were all clustered on the flats trying to avoid running into one another as squall after squall came by.
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby spencer7 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:46 am

ahh avoiding the masses was half the fun :lol:

there were a lot of much better spots though, Im just too afraid to be strapped into a kite on my own
spencer7

Return to Wind Log