12/27 Skyline

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

12/27 Skyline

Postby Kenny » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:27 pm

I have gotten out of the habit of posting in the wind log. However, today was memorable. Arrived around 12:30 to light wind and 18" of new snow. Only one other kiter showed up. We rode under mostly sunny skis with a few low clouds moving through from time to time. The wind started out at 10 - 15mph and slowly increased until it was a solid 15 - 20 by 3 PM. The great thing about the new snow was that it didn't matter how I landed my jumps, it was always soft. I even went to the upper north part of Bosco Hill and tried out Chasta's launch pad. There is a steep section that is about 30 - 40 feet high with a 45 degree face. When you launch off the top, the ground drops away swiftly. I know understand why Chasta was jumping so far last spring. All in all, it was a good day.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log