1/21 Skyline 12M & 20M

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

1/21 Skyline 12M & 20M

Postby Kenny » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm

When I arrived it appeared to be a whiteout with light wind, fog and snow. There were a couple kites in there, but no one was going anywhere fast. I went ahead and rigged a 12M Frenzy. I had enough power to get up the hill, but the snow was so deep 18 - 24" or more in some spots that even when I pointed the board downhill it was hard generating enough speed. Throughout the afternoon the conditions began to clear and the wind speed increased, so that everyone had a good 90 minutes of solid riding. The wind started to drop again, so I rigged my 20M Machine around 3:30. The next hour was the best of the afternoon for me. I had enough power to blast through the deep powder and I could ride toeside and the kite would pull me uphill. This gave me enough power to really enjoy the deep stuff. It was snorkle snowkiting on every turn. Marty, Jon, Ryan were all there enjoying the fluff.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log