2/4 Monte Cristo 10m and 16m

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

2/4 Monte Cristo 10m and 16m

Postby Augie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:33 am

Mark and I had our sights set on Pineview but the winds weren't big enough. We were going to head up to Powder Mt again but could see snow plumes coming off of Ben Lomond and Willard peak, which meant the ridgetop winds were probably nukin. We went to mile marker 36 and walked 1/4 mile to the big bowl on the north side of the road. Mark had his 16m Toro and I had my 10m Turbo Diesel. Winds were 10-15mph with small gusts. Great snow and pretty good wind. I can see at least 5 or 6 other places to go just from the area that we went. The place is huge with lots of potential. Lots of room to spread out.
Augie

Postby Marty Lowe » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:13 pm

Augie,
Doug and I went to PM Sat.
It wasn't as strong as it looked.
I was on 11m, Doug on 9m.
Shot the gap, (almost put my kite in the trees)
and rode by the radar tower.
The west face was to windblown, cruddy.
I was wondering where you guys were...

-Marty 8)
Marty Lowe

Postby Augie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:02 pm

I actually was at Pow Mow on Friday but the wind was out of the west and it was a struggle to stay uphill/upwind. You probably saw my tracks in the windblown area. 190 tele ski's with a 98 cm waist sure smooth out the bumps. The Monte Cristo site will work with multiple wind directions and the velocity is usually 8-12 mph lower than Pow Mow. We figured with the high winds predicted that there would still be enough at Monte.
Augie

Return to Wind Log