2/4 Skyline 12M

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

2/4 Skyline 12M

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:04 pm

Arrived at 10 Am to a light SE wind. I used it to ride up to the top of the ridge and then it died. 15 minutes later a nice SW wind kicked in and it strengthened throughout the afternoon. Snow was in decent shape and there was some nice powder if you knew where to look. About 10 - 15 kiters where there enjoying the wind and snow.
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby whit » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:35 pm

Kenny,

We arrived about 11 AM. I thought Saturday at Skyline was some of the worst wind I have ever kited in, in my 7 years of kiting, water or snow. It was smoother and light in the morning, 14M. When it picked up around noon, I went to my 10M and it was varying from 4 mph to 16 mph on my wind meter. Very gusty, flat light, etc. Did get down the Skyline trail a few miles, but then quit at 2:30. The prefrontal was a very unstable airmass. Hope it's better next time.
Whitney
whit

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:38 am

Whit,

I noticed that the wind was very gusty on Bosco hill, so I crossed over to the other side of the road. The wind was less gusty there. I also had better luck when I tried Jake's Waroo.

It wasn't the worst wind I have seen, I have had much worse days at Grantsville, Rush, and DC. However, I agree with you, I look forward to some better wind next time!

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log