Powder Mountain Monday 2/27 10M Foil

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Powder Mountain Monday 2/27 10M Foil

Postby whit » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:50 am

Sounds like Marty and Gang have had a lot of good days at Powder Mtn lately. I was in the Bugaboos last week, but got some good kiting today. Arrived at 3PM. Wind meter read 13 to 18 from the South. Spencer and Ryan were rigging near the Radar Tower. I skied down to the 1st meadow, set up my 10M Naish Foil. Shot the gap and rode over by the radar towers. It was pretty tracked up, but some fresh snow was to be found down hill near the Aspens. Kited until almost 6PM and was able to kite right back to the car at Hidden Lake Lodge. Quite a fun day. Is anyone else going to post about the recent south winds?
Whit
whit

Postby rizzle » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:47 am

monday was fun, I was powerd in the gust and under powerd in the lulls on my 7.5 frenzy at pow mow(wished I had a 10m foil). the wind was sweet at the bottom by the 1st meadow, it was nice that was the place were the snow was best. The warm temps made the snow heavy, great for boosting big air off the slop. I hope the wind smoothed out for you Whit, see you next time.
Ry....
rizzle

Return to Wind Log