DC 4/26&27; Hypersonic105, 7.2/5.8

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

DC 4/26&27; Hypersonic105, 7.2/5.8

Postby JimSouthwick » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:06 pm

Had pretty much given up on going sailing on Tuesday (D@#$# Craig, why are his forecasts always so accurate?!!) but then about 4:30 I looked out the window and noticed that the trees were starting to sway; if I'd been more alert, I'd have noticed that the wind had actually started to kick in at about 4. Made it onto the water between 5 and 5:30 and had mostly powered-up conditions with the 7.2 until the wind rather abrupty stopped at about 7. Water temp is now up to almost 53, and there were some serious logs floating near the shore.

Took Craig's advice today and got out as soon after the wind started as I could, about noon. Black clouds were already starting to roll up the canyon. 5.3 was a bit big in the gusts and too small in between. Got a few rides, but the gusts quickly became way too brief and infrequent. If you define "skunked" as spending more time rigging/derigging than sailing, I got skunked.
JimSouthwick

Return to Wind Log