Rush

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Rush

Postby kiddsixx » Wed May 15, 2013 9:36 am

Hi guys,
Can someone tell me the conditions at Rush, mostly the water depth in th middle of the "lake"? I live in St George, i love Rush but don't want to drive all that way to windsurf in 14 inches of muddy weeds. Thanks

-Wayne
kiddsixx

Re: Rush

Postby Marc Hauver » Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 am

Last week Kenny and I were there and water was well above any weeds so it is great by Rush standards. I never went way south where it is real shallow but Kenny was down there and looked fine.
last year in late august it was a moss pit getting on lines and catching your board fins. I say conditions now are far better than late season with my limited experience..
Marc Hauver

Postby dougbenson » Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

kevin and i jammed out there on monday and it is very rideable but shallow everywhere prob. won't stay good much longer!
dougbenson

Postby kiddsixx » Thu May 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks guys, I'll take it under advisement... :))
WayneListon
kiddsixx

Postby Rick McClain » Sun May 26, 2013 9:41 am

Saturday 25 May - About knee deep about 50 - 75 yards off the waterline. Didn't pay attention to mid-lake depth. Moss is a slight nuisance on kite lines and boom and harness lines for sailboarders and a weed fin certainly makes sailboarding more pleasant. I'm sure it won't get better this season. Maybe 3 - 4 weeks left for the lake for windsurfers, depending on weather and temperature.
Let's keep this updated.
Rick McClain

Postby Rick McClain » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Monday, 10 June, 2013
Rush is near it's end for windsurfing for this summer. The water is about 20" to 22" deep in the middle, making tacks across pretty short. Would hardly be able to sail at all except I have a weed fin to shed the moss. Water grass isn't a problem this summer, only the moss and the depth. Another week or two for people that like the ability to stand up in the lake instead of swimming is all that is left. (Still great for real beginners. but not for long.)
Rick McClain

Return to Main Message Board