Attention Zephyr Riders...

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Attention Zephyr Riders...

Postby gregwojtkun » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:19 pm

Anyone using their Zephyr with a bar other than the Ozone bar?? If so can you please let me know if the kite performs the same as with the Ozone Bar? My current bar is a 56cm wide, 24m lines, Low V single line flag system. Wondering if Zeph will play nice with this.

Thanks in advance
gregwojtkun

Re: Attention Zephyr Riders...

Postby Ralph Morrison » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:48 pm

All four lines need to be the same length. The line ends need to be compatible. Zephyr lines are 27m. You could get 3m extensions. Zephyr front lines are thicker to handle the added stress of a big kite. I don't know if other kite makers do the same.
Ralph Morrison

Re: Attention Zephyr Riders...

Postby gregwojtkun » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks Ralph - my front lines are reinforced as well, but they are 24m. Also I learned that my lines' lark knots are opposite of the Ozone larks / pigtails on the kite :roll: - It appears I can swap the larks connections on the kite to make it compatible. They look like they are the same length. But the real question is - 24m vs 27m lines. Really a big deal? If anything I think I'll get some better turn speed while sacrificing some bottom end. I just don't feel like dropping $400 on a bar if my current bar will work just fine. I guess I could go with the line extensions too.
gregwojtkun

Return to Main Message Board