Deer Creek

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Deer Creek

Postby pavel krasnov » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:12 pm

I have been fishing out there with my boat over the past couple of weeks. Just wanted to let everyone know that the water temp is in the upper 40's and the reservoir is full. There is not much of a beach for launching at the east end. Will be heading up there again on Tuesday. Will post update if I end up going out.

Pavel
pavel krasnov

Re: Deer Creek

Postby gregwojtkun » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 am

A flock of us were out there on Saturday the 21st... Great conditions from 1-4pm (15-20 kt). Gusty but what else is new? Fun times!

Water is def cold... :oo
gregwojtkun

Postby pavel krasnov » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Is there enough room to launch and land safely?
pavel krasnov

Postby gregwojtkun » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:31 pm

yup... BWB has the usual amount of room. The water level as you know is high right now so its a really short walk... maybe 20 meters from the torn down fence.

Just be careful going through the shrubs... I would recommend walking out past them with your kite at 12 before water starting. (its like waste deep once you are past them and there are some walking lanes). If you try to start in the middle of them on the walking lane and fail it could turn bad pretty quick for a new rider If your lines get tangled in them. But its def safe to say DC BWB is good to go for the season. Leo was out there a couple weeks ago I think.

I was in a 6/3 wetsuit with 3mm booties and was fine.
gregwojtkun

Return to Main Message Board