Gorge forecast

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Gorge forecast

Postby Todd Jacques » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:01 am

Craig can you give some long range forecast for Gorge? A few of us were looking at going on Friday, but it might not be looking so good now?
I have been reading the nws discussion forecast up there. We might still be to far out to tell, but not you? Can you help interpret?

what do you think, especailly as we get closer?
Todd Jacques

Re: Gorge forecast

Postby Craig Goudie » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:44 am

Hey Todd,

Even this far out, I'm mostly playing averages and guessing. In usual years when it's this hot up here
(and it is hot) there's no wind, but the last 2 years, the wind has punched through, even when it's hot.
Not sure why. for Today and Tuesday, we'll see gusty 4/8M conditions. Weds will back off to probably
5/10M conditions, Thursday probably light but planable wind if you have a 14M Kite.

historically speaking it's unusual for the Gorge to go more than 3 days in a row in summer heat and no
wind, so Friday may be light and windless, but by Saturday and Sunday, the odds are good for solid wind.

Anyway, that's my take on a very extended forecast up here.

Good luck,

-Craig

Todd Jacques wrote:Craig can you give some long range forecast for Gorge? A few of us were looking at going on Friday, but it might not be looking so good now?
I have been reading the nws discussion forecast up there. We might still be to far out to tell, but not you? Can you help interpret?

what do you think, especailly as we get closer?
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby Todd Jacques » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:03 pm

thanks craig. It is a tough one. I will keep eyeballing. Maybe Tursday will bring a good update for the following week.
I will look for you and try and have a brewski with you guys. Look fo rme on ht outside when it is busy going to to swell city. If ther is not much of a crowd below the hatch I might come in and rid e aswell with you.
I also want to go back in August.

HAve a good 4th bro.
Todd Jacques

Postby Craig Goudie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:07 am

Greetings from HR where the heat is sweltering, and the AC at my place has failed! Guess I'll just have to spend
my time on the river. Today is a light Westerly day, but I expect to get some rides down at Stevenson with a 5.7
later. Just wanted the crew to know that despite the high temps the forecast is for high teens to low 20s tomorrow,
then low 20s on Friday, then mid 20s on Saturday. Plenty planable for you wind riders thinking about making the
journey. I do think there will be very little wind out East, so you'll be constrained to riding from Stevenson to Mosier.

-Craig
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby Todd Jacques » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:20 pm

awesome. a group of us are coming up. see you there.
Todd Jacques

Return to Main Message Board