Lindon beach report (redneck alert)

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Re: Lindon beach report (redneck alert)

Postby Rod Meiners » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Kyrk,
My son contacted Russ to see if this might work for an Eagle project. Russ said to go ahead and get approval and then we could work it out. So my son will be working on the paperwork and hopefully we can get started within a few weeks. If you find details on the ordinance that was recently passed, I would be interested in it - For part of the project we would like to educate beach users (and firebuilders) on the ordinance and penalties.

I will post later when we are getting ready to start the project for anyone that would like to help out. Thanks for your work and interest in the beach.

Also - for SSB, I have not been down there this year - is there a lot of trash there (not underwater) that could be cleaned up also? If these signs at Lindon really curb the trash, we could do a cleanup at SSB as part of the project.

Rod Meiners
Rod Meiners

Postby RickHeninger » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:46 am

I was out of town during this thread... Nice going Mark and Kirk etc.... This is what is needed... Many of us voicing our concerns...

I'm glad that Ty Hunter is hearing from more of us. I think that an increase in monitoring of the lake is just around the corner. I don't know why people feel that it is OK to burn nail riddled pallets on the beaches that their kids will play on!?!?

This is really cool that you're taking such initiative, thanks, Rick Heninger.
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby KyrkWright » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:10 pm

Rod and everyone, I have been able to get a copy of the ordinance and have posted it here. I got it from Heather White, the recorder for the city of Vineyard. Her email stated:

As requested, attached is Ordinance 2008-04; Regulations regarding the
Public Parks and Trails in Vineyard. All ordinances are public and feel
free to share the new regulations with others. The Town Council's goal
is to keep the public parks and trails clean and "family friendly".
Attachments
Ordinance 2008-04.pdf
Ordinance for Vineyard parks and beaches
(112.12 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
KyrkWright

Previous

Return to Main Message Board