Please Help/Capt Don Needs our Help (merged)

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Re: Please Help

Postby Travis Cook » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:53 am

I've got one of his demo boards. I'm not sure if he wanted to sell it to me now or another board and we hadn't talked price yet either. But let me know. We've got to get him out for Christmas.
Travis Cook

Re: Cap't Don needs our help

Postby RALPH SORBONNE » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 am

$100 via paypal
RALPH SORBONNE

Re: Cap't Don needs our help

Postby Jason Klein » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks so much to everyone who has generously made donations to help Don post his bail. We've put together almost $1,500 so far. While this is a great start, we are still well short of where his bail is currently set. If you haven't made a contribution yet, please consider giving any amount you can. As Rick pointed out, I understand that not everyone has an extra $100 just laying around. $10 from a number of people will make a difference. Any contribution will be greatly appreciated. Perhaps what we put together can help Don be back with his family for Christmas.
Jason Klein

Re: Please Help

Postby Leo Chan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Annaliese, can you give us a list of things he has for sale? I think it would help us get to the $5,000 goal faster. I need a light wind kite anyway.
Leo Chan

Re: Please Help/Capt Don Needs our Help (merged)

Postby Don Losee » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Thanks Everybody! This is a pretty generic list of his stuff but I haven't had a chance to take pics just yet:

Boards:
3B lightwind board
Best Armada 135
Gator wakeboard
Best kiteboard w/ K2 Clicker bindings and boots
3B Travel board

Duke surfboard with bag
Naish Raceboard/Kiteboard

Dakine snowboard bag

Kites:
Just one kite left:
Kahuna V2 11.5 white/black

I have harnesses, pumps, a spine ptrotector, strpas and pads, bars and lines and some nice ski bindings Diamir Freeride.

I am going to meet Jason this Thursday and he will take a look at, and/or take some of this stuff for anyone to buy. Please let me know if you want more specifics or I can get a picture to you by email.

Thanks again!

Anneliese
Don Losee

Postby Josh Shirley » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 am

Just a question, which has probably already been explored, but if bail is set at $5000 wouldn't getting a bail bond by easier or more in reach?
Just a quick search but it looks like the cost is $575 for a $5000 bail bond. - True that is not refundable like bail but I imagine every day in the clink he is losing a couple hundred dollars of income.
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Postby Jason Klein » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:55 am

Since the question has been asked, here's the general breakdown on what it will take for bail. I don't really understand how the specific rules on these things work, but I've had contact with a bail bondsman and he made some calls. Total amount due is approx $5k. About $2k of that is bondable and will actually cost only ~$250. i'm making arrangements to take care of that today. The balance of about $3100 needs to be paid in cash. With your generous donations and some gear sales, we've got approx $1,800 (after paying out the $250) of the $3,100.

Again, if you haven't had the opportunity to help out yet, we still have a shot at getting Don back to his family for christmas. Any small amount will be helpful and very appreciated.
Jason Klein

Postby Jason Klein » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Here's an update on Cap't Don. he is still a guest at the summit county inn. The judge actually raised (almost doubled) his bail last week. They seem intent on keeping him thru new years and it sounds like they may reduce the bail in early January. Thru your "donations", we raised $1,605, which i am depositing tomorrow with the summit county clerk, so all of it will go towards bail when/if it is reduced or if there are additional other funds to go along with it.

Many thanks to everyone who helped out.

Free Losee.
Jason Klein

Previous

Return to Main Message Board