Mona Log

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Mona Log

Postby Trip Houk » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:56 am

[color=blue][i][b]In my business we have what are called "contrarians". A contrarian is someone who bucks the trend and bets against the herd mentality.
Thinking that Craig might be a wind contrarian, I decided that his reverse psycology might bode well for Mona winds.
I arrived a little late to get the best of it but it was blowing about 20 when we got there and cycled through as a series of thundershowers pulsed over Nebo. Besides two fishermen, we had it to ourselves. A minor damper was the fact that I'd forgotten to put my wetsuit back in the trailer after Costa Rica. It made for a chilly outing.
Incidentally, Craig has forcast no wind for the Gorge this summer which means it should be epic.[/b][/i][/color]
[size=9](just pulling you chain Craig. We all appreciate your efforts!)[/size]
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Re: Mona Log

Postby Craig Goudie » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:11 am

So, how many hours were you on the water, and what sail size did you ride?

-Craig

p.s. That no wind forecast in the Gorge was only for you. I'll be up there
getting rides most of the summer ;*)

Trip Houk wrote:In my business we have what are called "contrarians". A contrarian is someone who bucks the trend and bets against the herd mentality.
Thinking that Craig might be a wind contrarian, I decided that his reverse psycology might bode well for Mona winds.
I arrived a little late to get the best of it but it was blowing about 20 when we got there and cycled through as a series of thundershowers pulsed over Nebo. Besides two fishermen, we had it to ourselves. A minor damper was the fact that I'd forgotten to put my wetsuit back in the trailer after Costa Rica. It made for a chilly outing.
Incidentally, Craig has forcast no wind for the Gorge this summer which means it should be epic.

(just pulling you chain Craig. We all appreciate your efforts!)
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby Trip Houk » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:20 am

[i][b][color=blue]Craig,
6.5M and I was only out for about an hour. The wind was fluky and the water (without a wet suit) was colder than I expected. I packed up at about 5:00 and as we were leaving, a 4.0 pulse came through which lasted just long enough for me to regret derigging.
I don't know about wind but the current will be light again this year as they've been in a continuing record drought.[/color][/b][/i]
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Return to Main Message Board