:) Lakes water quality INFO ESPECIALLY RUSH

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

:) Lakes water quality INFO ESPECIALLY RUSH

Postby RickHeninger » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:09 pm

I was looking at some websites about water status in the state and came acrossed this link below... It is absolutely awesome on the details that we REALLY want to know... ESPECIALLY RUSH! I know that they left out any of the radioactive chemicals that are probably in the lake (ha ha? J/K I hope), but I found it very interesting to read. I think that it is a little outdated... But very cool to see the first thing listed as use of Rush Lake is Windsurfing. Also, talks about historical depths, source of influx, etc. Pretty interesting... I felt I must share it if you haven't already seen it... Hope I did the URL thing right!?

http://waterquality.utah.gov/watersheds/lakes.htm
http://waterquality.utah.gov/watersheds/lakes/RUSHLAKE.pdf
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Re: :) Lakes water quality INFO ESPECIALLY RUSH

Postby Craig Goudie » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:35 pm

Would, that it were still "20 feet deep", sigh,

-Craig

RickHeninger wrote:I was looking at some websites about water status in the state and came acrossed this link below... It is absolutely awesome on the details that we REALLY want to know... ESPECIALLY RUSH! I know that they left out any of the radioactive chemicals that are probably in the lake (ha ha? J/K I hope), but I found it very interesting to read. I think that it is a little outdated... But very cool to see the first thing listed as use of Rush Lake is Windsurfing. Also, talks about historical depths, source of influx, etc. Pretty interesting... I felt I must share it if you haven't already seen it... Hope I did the URL thing right!?

http://waterquality.utah.gov/watersheds/lakes.htm
http://waterquality.utah.gov/watersheds/lakes/RUSHLAKE.pdf
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:45 pm

Rick,

Thanks for the link. I started going to Rush in 2000, so I had no idea that it once was 20 feet deep! I do remember when sailors outnumbered kiters 20 to 1, now the ratio has been reversed.

I launched my jetboat on Rush during the summer of 2000 - stupidest thing I have ever done. It took me hours to clean that thing out. Everytime someone came back into the boat their legs were covered with vile Rush mud. The boat was covered with flies and mud.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby Craig Goudie » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:48 am

The water was once within a few feet of the North end road where it hits
the Northeast corner of the lake (the low point of the road). Picture that
the next time you drive out. On 3.5 days the lake would develop
very large swell. People would water ski on it (but their trailors/vehicles
would invariably get stuck in the shore mud. The Rush that was, probably
will remain a memory in my lifetime.

Kenny wrote:Rick,

Thanks for the link. I started going to Rush in 2000, so I had no idea that it once was 20 feet deep! I do remember when sailors outnumbered kiters 20 to 1, now the ratio has been reversed.

I launched my jetboat on Rush during the summer of 2000 - stupidest thing I have ever done. It took me hours to clean that thing out. Everytime someone came back into the boat their legs were covered with vile Rush mud. The boat was covered with flies and mud.

Kenny
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Great Site!

Postby Trip Houk » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:48 pm

[i][b]Rick,
Thanks for the link. The information brought back memories of yesteryear...sailing Rush with 20 people in 3.0 conditions when there were ice slabs stacked on the shoreline....or how about the "Rush tornado" which demolished gear and put a few folks in the ER....and let's not forget Craig's famous Emu sighting.
The site is a treasure trove about other lakes in the area and as usual provided a great diversion from the irrational markets.
Thanks,
Trip and Judi [/b][/i]
"Sail fast...Live slow"
Trip Houk
Windsurfer

Return to Main Message Board