Looking for a cheap 7m

Buy and Sell your kite gear here. Ads automatically removed after 6 months

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to kiting.
-Please delete what you've sold. Or update post after 3 months. (unless they are informatively helpful posts)

Looking for a cheap 7m

Postby Mark Johnson » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:36 am

Something that flys good but cheap. Headed to Oregon next week and need a high wind kite. I hate to spend much on a kite that i will not use much here.
Would like to buy or rent, borrow, trade ect.
Mark Johnson

Re: Looking for a cheap 7m

Postby Marty Lowe » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:02 am

I was planing to leave for the gorge soon, but,

"Today’s windy in the Gorge, and I suggest you get the westerlies today. Next week starts out hot and light, becoming really hot and really light with easterlies, most likely through Friday, at least."

http://temirawagonfeld.com/WindBlog/Default.aspx

http://www.ikitesurf.com

"Human Meteorologist Forecast - Extended Discussion
Columbia River forecast issued 7/19/2009 at 7:00 AM by meteorologist Stuart Hill

Westerlies disappear for the most part starting early next week as another heat wave gets set to bake the region.
Marine push through the Gorge is short lived with upper level high pressure building back into the Gorge. Latest models are tending to show a much weaker gradient Tuesday, possibly going offshore briefly for the morning hours. Overall, westerlies will be scarce and purely driven by thermal differences through midweek.

Monday:
Any lingering winds through the Eastern Gorge should fall out over night and ease through the morning hours as well. Best shot at wind here now looks like the Corridor as weak thermals try for mid to maybe upper teens late afternoon, but even this is looking optimistic. Jones potential for late mid teens. Close call for coastal waters with heat tending to shunt winds a bit more northerly and further offshore, but should push back in for the PM return to low 20s for most beaches.

Tuesday:
Looking Similar setup to Monday. Heat will tend to shut Eastern Gorge completely down, and potentially the Central Gorge too as latest models spread it further westward. Best shot at any PM wind will be the Corridor for maybe some mid teens. Light start for the coast as heat pushes winds further offshore, then central to southern coastal winds pick back up to the mid to upper teens out of the NW.

Wednesday:
More of the same. Thermal potential will depend on where axis of highest temperatures sets up (west/east of the Cascades) For now it appears to shift back slightly eastward, allowing some mid to upper teens possibly back into the picture through the Corridor. Eastern Gorge remains light. Southern coast south of Cape Blanco sees best shot at upper teens out of the NW by the afternoon.

Forecast above prepared by meteorologist Stuart Hill."

Not even a good forecast for the coase either.....

SUX

I'm now gonna wait till this shitty forecast changes.

-Marty 8)
Marty Lowe

Postby Mark Johnson » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:41 pm

Im pretty much committed to leaving next Saturday the 25th to Saturday the 1st.
Mark Johnson

Postby Mark Johnson » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Not looking anymore. :)))
Mark Johnson

Return to Kites Buy/Sell