Items wanted and gear advice

Buy and Sell your kite gear here. Ads automatically removed after 6 months

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to kiting.
-Please delete what you've sold. Or update post after 3 months. (unless they are informatively helpful posts)

Items wanted and gear advice

Postby BradHuber » Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Hi, I'm looking for two items and also soliciting advice about what people like for both.

One is a harness. I'm currently looking for a seat harness. I have a waist harness but I bruised/injured my ribs a while back and it doesn't seem to want to heal. I'm looking for an awesome harness, don't mind used (1-2 years old). Budget $150.

I'm also looking for a kite raceboard. I want one that has AMAZING lightwind and upwind ability with the goal in mind of squeezing some more rideable days out of the season (instead of sitting there on the beach waiting for the wind to build). Having it rip and go fast on the heavier days in a bonus too but not the main thing. Looking for something that is about a year old or so and have budget around $600.

Anyone have anything in those categories, or could at least just recommend something so I can troll ebay, etc?

Thanks
-Brad
BradHuber

Re: Items wanted and gear advice

Postby jason morton » Fri May 20, 2011 2:49 am

Brad-
I have a Mike's Lab raceboard that I listed earlier which I am selling for $600. Custom board made in the bay area by a famous shaper. Goes upwind great and is super easy to ride compared to the yellow Aguera raceboards that Jake, Billy and I have. It is in mint condition. I can give you more details if you would like. It will definately get you more days on the water. Especially at your size and with your Zephyr. Gimme a shout if you want to chat 801-949-9313
jason morton

Postby bordy » Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 am

Jasons board is a great race board to start out on, plus it's construction is amazing I wish my board was build as well his is a full custom"superboard". I rode it for a few months last year and was amazed how fun it is. Plus it is a twin fin so it is a lot more forgiving then the big wide boards. I can ride in a fart with his board and Zephyr
bordy

Postby Don Losee » Sat May 21, 2011 12:54 pm

For big dudes, 205 lbs plus, I say Dakine Nitrous shorts. I can give you a good deal. I have bruised my ribs and my swollen liver so bad with waist harnesses I could not ride. The waist harnesses are great for leverage but the seat harness built into shorts is so great for low wind, going up wind in Utah conditions. It also feels really steady on big jumps.

I have been making custom boards for a few now. I have made some "Glide" type boards and they work really good. I do not like to ride them. I am with Billy and Jason on the new trend of (if there is not enough wind for a small board 132-140) ride a race board. It is more fun than trying to make a huge twin tip feel like a lit small board. All race boards are fun and different in how they feel. If you live in Utah. You need a race board.
3B
Don Losee

Postby BradHuber » Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks Jason and Don. Stoked about both ideas. Unfortunately I'm just going into a holding pattern on funds.
BradHuber

Postby BradHuber » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Sold on both ideas and got in touch with you guys. Thanks.
BradHuber

Return to Kites Buy/Sell