FINAL BEGINNER DAY REMINDER June 16th and 17th!!!

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

FINAL BEGINNER DAY REMINDER June 16th and 17th!!!

Postby RickHeninger » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:42 pm

This has potential to be really cool!!! There are surprising numbers of people emailing me saying that they want to come learn to windsurf! Still invite some of your people... Just in case, I am going to try and score a "carpet drying fan" and a generator for induced wind! Now, I know you wanna come see that idea flail! ;)

BEGINNER LAND ORIENTATION Friday JUNE 16th 6:30 PM to 9 PM at SKYINE HIGH SCHOOL East Parking lot on grass. 3251 E 3760 S. On land training w/ both simulators and landboards.

BEGIN WATER FUN Saturday June 17th 10AM-3PM or Whenever you want to leave!!! GRANTSVILLE RESERVOIR!

Email me: rvpheninger@aol.com to give a little heads up...

(UWA will be supplying hotdogs, drinks, chips, for eats on Saturday! Thanks Sarah etc...)

PEOPLE w/ LANDBOARDS COMMITTED: Emmanuel P, Fred G, Sarah & Linda, Josh S, John D., Layne P, Ivan, Brett L., Rick H....

PEOPLE w/WIDE "NEW" BEGINNER SAILBOARDS COMMITTED: Brett L (2), Dave O., John D, Fred and Lana G. (1), Mike R, Ivan Eearl (1) Go, Lewis Evaga (1) Go!!!... (many beginners will bring their big stuff!!! Along with any of you who have BIGginner rigs)

We need experienced windsurfers there! Please come help teach... If it ends up that we have more experience then necessary then you can leave or just stick around and have fun... With the plan set, everyone will get a chance to help teach somebody... In a nutshell, both days will consist of quick orientation meeting then divide into small "learning" groups. or maybe even 1 on 1... (if there's enough of us)

I'm trying to also score some free stuff (hats, shirts for those who help instruct... Mike R... you got some extra powerex hats, shirts?!)
Last edited by RickHeninger on Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby sail50 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:23 pm

Bump!
sail50

Postby RickHeninger » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:34 pm

This is comedy! Rick Mclain... Thanks for the email... Below is Rick McClain's email to me... Rick, I'm sorry to hear about your parents. My stepdad is in the same boat and it's not fun... However, for a minute there I thought you were going to tell me that they are really interested in learning to windsurf! ;)

Hey Rick,
I think this is a great activity... ...I can't
promise anything because my parents are getting up there in age (87 & 89),
have both recently taken falls and their needs change moment by moment; but
I'll do everything I can to be there at least one of the days and help out if
I can...

Rick McClain
Rick McClain Photography
Rick@Photographers1.com
Salt Lake City, Utah
[/quote]
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Thanks ahead of time to a few companies

Postby RickHeninger » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:49 pm

I want to thank a couple of people ahead of time...

Hawaiian Island Surf and Sport for sending a few shirts and hats etc. to give away...

http://www.hawaiianisland.com

415 A-Dairy Road, Kahului, Maui,96732
(808)-871-4981

Also... Sweet Ol' Windance pulled through with a few shirts, hats, decals, key chains... We know well where that is! ;)

http://www.windance.com

Thanks from Utah!

Oh... Can't forget what good ol' MQC is going to pull through with! At least the Start! And all the other stuff we get from them... Booms, Masts, bases etc... ;) Thanks Mike...

http://www.macqc.com

Also, thanks ahead of time for those who are coming to help out!
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Return to Main Message Board